The Meaning of Lalita Sahasranama (1000 names of Devi)
To know Devi is to be one with her.
The Lalita Sahasranama is a chant of devotional verses of Lalita Devi.
Revealed by Lord Hayagriva to Rishi Agastya, Devi’s blessings flow when our hearts and lives welcome her with devotion .
This live course of nine days was conducted as a part of Navaratri celebrations in 2021.
- Lectures 12
- Quizzes 0
- Duration 9 hours
- Skill level All levels
- Language English
- Students 25
- Certificate No
- Assessments Yes
The Meaning of Lalita Sahasranama
The different themes of Lalita Sahasranaama were unfolded along with the meanings of the 1000 words for nine days. The pdf has been provided which includes the Sanskrit text and meanings in English, for ready reference after the course.
- Welcome to the course
- The Meaning of Lalita Sahasranama (Sanskrit text and Meanings in English)
- Day 1/9 Introduction, Dhyaanam and Sri Mata 1-3, Keshadi-paada varnanam 4-21, Shri nagar varnanam 22-23
- Day 2/9 Bhandasura vadha: 24-33, Mantra rupa: 34-40, Bhakta Anugraha 41-43
- Day 3/9 Nirguna 44- 50 and Saguna Upaasana 51-60
- Day 4/9 Panchabrahmasvarupah 61-75 and Kshetrakshetrajnarupah 76-80
- Day 5/9 Peethadini Angadevata 81-97
- Day 6/9 Yogini Nyaasa 98-109 and 110-120 Vibhuti
- Day 7/9 Vibhuti Vistaara 121-140
- Day 8/9 Vibhuti Vistaara 141-160
- Day 9/9 Vibhuti Vistaara and Aikyam
- Q and A